Notes on Operation
This is a low dropout constant current driver board that requires the input voltage to exceed the required laser diode voltage by approximately 1.5V (the dropout). The drive FET is rated up to ~2000mA .depending on load and cooling.
- Dimensions :15mm x 20mm
- Reverse polarity protection
- Soft start protection for diode
- 0 - 1500mA (FET will need heatsink at highter currents)
- 3.5 - 12V depending on laser diode
- Output current set using the variable resistor on the circuit board
- Module housing (case pin of LD) is the positive connection and normally soldered to the pads marked power +ve/LD+ for portable battery powered lasers.
- For laser module applications the pad marked VCC on the circuit board can be connected to the positive power supply wire.
- Power –ve connection is normally made via a battery spring contact to the power –ve pad
- For a 1000mW 445nm Laser Diode (that requires an input voltage of ~5V) the board power supply should be greater than 6.5V, e,g, 2 x 3.7V RCR123/16340 lithium batteries 3 x 3.7V 18650 batteries